Took me a long time to think of what I should post but it finally hit me-- why not about books? bookworms, unite! Everyone may not agree on this but I LOVE reading books (specifically chic-lit ones). It's like you're in another world, you know? haha. If you know any good ones too then PLEASE, tell me! I've been dying to read a new book nowadays...
If you were even wondering why I added a photo of different book covers above, this post's going to be all about the recent books I've read and why you should read it a.k.a. a mini book review by yours truly.
1. THE LONELY HEARTS CLUB by Elizabeth Eulberg
Honestly, I don't even know where to start about this book. It's my ALL TIME FAVE. I remember reading this book 2 years ago but after my bestie found it around her house again, we both read it again and now, look at us-- fangirling like there's no tomorrow. Story? Well, there was this girl, Penny, who's so sick and tired of boys. After another horrid experience with her ex, she knew she was done with them and instead, created a club named 'The Lonely Hearts Club' (from The Beatles' album). She gets known in school for starting the club, both in good and bad ways. But things suddenly change for her when she realizes there's this other guy that she think she likes. Will she give another chance or even stay true to the club? Read to find out and fangirl with me after hihi.
2. TEN THINGS WE DID (AND PROBABLY SHOULDN'T HAVE) by Sarah Mlynowski
By just reading the title, wasn't it already super captivating? This book really caught my eyes and I knew that I just had to buy it. The story was really intriguing and it kept me going and going. But I had to admit, the ending was just like "out-of-nowhere" or something far-fetched but I guess, I liked it that way. I love how those "ten things" they did was something that I could have never done except for the first one tho, 1#: "Lied to Our Parents". Haha! It really makes you eager to read + it's filled with pure fun. why can't my life be like hers? except for the ending tho... Read it to find out what I mean lol ;)
3. AMY AND ROGER'S EPIC DETOUR by Morgan Matson
I could have never found out about this book if it weren't for SYNERGY Online (one of the best blogs out there). This book is just-- AAAAAAHHH! What to love about this book? Well, first, it's about traveling (do I need to explain furthermore? haha). Second, it's got a really cute guy in it. He's not just some guy either 'cause Amy, the main character, gets to travel with this guy. Third, it's got pictures. I don't even think "pictures" is the right word but the author added these photos of the stuff they've gathered and written during the whole detour-- like receipts, postcards, table napkins, playlists, and all those wonderful things they found. And fourth, not only is it about traveling but it's also about finding one's true self. As Amy travels with Roger, she realizes such more that she's been missing on and it'll surely make you go crazy (like what obviously happened to me lol).
So, I hope I've encouraged you (even in the littlest way possible) to read these books and maybe even change your views on reading haha! These were just some of the books that I thought were really good so visit next time to see my future posts on the next books. :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment